Sunday, November 2, 2008

#06: In Search For Nana

"Yo Ben! Hey there Zatil! Long time no see," exclaimed Dwane when he and Bee arrived at a local restaurant. Knowing that Nana went missing, Zatil had suggested that they all meet up there at Dia's Diner. It was pretty crowded and hot inside, perhaps because it was already lunchtime. Ben grinned as he saw Bee and Dwane arrive. "Hello you guys! Take a seat," Ben urged. His face showed excitement, but Dwane noticed a trace of extreme concern on that grinning face. After a bit of catching up and all four of them were comfortable, they began to order.

"Please wait 10 minutes," the waiter said before leaving their table. "So, why aren't we at Nana house again?" Bee asked Zatil who was fiddling a fork in one hand. "Well, it seems Nana's not at home. The place looks odd, and we think that Nana is missing," Zatil replied, turning her head towards Ben as her voice trailed off.

"Most probably, she has been kidnapped," Ben continued with a worried face. "I've asked my partner to investigate the place, we can go there later after this. Don't worry, I've locked the place." Bee and Dwane listened in astonishment. This is something big, something far more serious than anything that both of them had experienced. Dwane thought for a moment, and with a determined face said, "Well, if you need any help I'll be here for a month. The more help the better, right?"

Zatil smiled. "Yeah, count me in too. Though I may be busy with work, I'll try and do what I can." She looked at Bee who was also smiling. "Since it's a school holiday, I'm free. So maybe I could look around town," Bee said energetically. All of them seemed eager to help out with the case.

"Alright," said Ben as he looked at all of his old friends. "Lets do this. We've got a missing friend to find." As he finished his sentence, their food arrived and they began to chat about other things.

No comments: